Looking back, people no longer no their own ancestors and they no longer keep their family line records for as long they know their great grand parents. Some do no even know their great grand parents. When asked about their family, there is nothing to talk about. It is because neither know their ancestors nor the whereabouts of their family. However there is a reason why we should value our family tree.
- We have something to tell about our family to our children. When talking with your children, you can talk about the history of your children.
- Family is something that we should not forget even if heaven and earth will pass away.
- Ancestral record will help us understand our inheritance that are passsed on from generations to generations in regards to physical appearance, wealth and medical status.
- Those whose ancestors belong to royal palace are proud of their family since they know that they are descendants of kings and princesses.
- Paternal line is very important in this age. This is family name of fathers are a natural inheritance since paternal record had already been passed down for thousand of years.
- Value of genealogy is not about religion, it is about your identity as a person in the society. Knowing that you are a part of the society because of your ancestors make you proud of yourself. Actually, many people do not ignore their genealogy for nationalistic reason. No one even want their name to change their identity by blood.
- It is by blood that we identify our line. Some people can change their citizenship or nationality but no one wants to deny their blood line. This is how valuable genealogy is!